Junior IT Procurement Lead. Berkshire. Permanent Opportunity.
Exciting opportunity has arisen to join the commercial team for a leading mobile telecoms organisation to work on a permanent basis at their Head office. Responsible for functional sourcing management across set commodities , mainly around IT equipment , software and services suppliers.
The successful candidate will
- Ensuring the appropriate Statement of Works (SoW) templates are used
- Conducting commercial review for each SoW to mitigate and manage commercial risks
- Create tenders and lead commercial negotiations using established commercial processes and ensuring you represent the strategic requirements of the organisation.
- Draft and award supplier contracts with support from Legal and external legal outsource supplier, as required
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately
- Take ownership of resolution of contractual disputes
- Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon
- Work with relevant vendor manager to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs working and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
- Work with technical / project teams and Managed Service Providers to ensure that suppliers / contracts are managed effectively yielding sustained savings.
The successful candidate will come from a background in IT Category management, demonstrate excellent written communication skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.