Head of Build - Telecoms
What the role will be doing:
- To lead and proactively manage national build on behalf of the Director of Deployment and the companies Board to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcome, cost and performance targets.
- To establish, own and continuously improve the strategies, systems, processes, controls and capabilities required to manage national build on behalf of the company and its Shareholders including all related forums, communications and governance control points.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable for the leadership and proactive management of national build on behalf of the Director of Deployment and the company board to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcome, cost and performance targets.
- Accountable for the production, agreement and execution of detailed partner build plans to achieve the business outcomes and performance targets (including safety, time, cost and quality) set by the company and its Shareholders.
- Responsible for intensely managing the day-to-day performance of partners against contracted safety, time, cost and quality obligations. Undertaking bench marking to track and compare the relative performance.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Health and Safety team, for implementing Health & Safety and Quality Management best practice. To ensure Health & Safety and Quality are integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the infrastructure build lifecycle (including, inception, detailed design, testing, large scale rollout, operation, maintenance and removal).
- Responsible for identifying and implementing initiatives to combine and optimise activities to reduce impact to customers, accelerate build and maximise cost savings. Proactively co-ordinating and de-conflicting site level build activities to minimise and mitigate interference between delivery programmes.
What experience is needed:
- Significant experience of managing large scale infrastructure build or network deployment projects within telecoms to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Significant experience of establishing, developing and leading a function, managing retained resources and working with partners to deliver large and highly complex programmes of work.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to build network infrastructure or network deployment using partners, contractors and retained teams.
- Experience of bringing industry best practice into an organisation and using this to drive continuous improvement.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Transmission Planner
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Salary: competitive salary + benefits + flexible working
Enterprise Management engineer - Microsoft System Center
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Mandarin Speaking Finance Assistant
Location: London, England
Salary: Competitive market rate
Senior Systems Process Risk Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire