You will be responsible for the design and delivery of new device technologies as part of the Design team.
This may require working on the radio platform, higher application layers, or USIM. This will involve working alongside the Technical Relationship Management team to understand the roadmap for principal technology partners, running technology trials with them, and transferring learnings into the design process.
* The candidate will have a sound technical understanding at least one of the following:
- mobile communication technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE, IMS, VoLTE, VoWifi
- mobile device design and architecture
- application service design and architecture
- USIM and security aspects of cellular technologies
* Good technical document authoring
* A strong understanding and ability to drive processes, document control and technical Quality Assurance Procedures
* Ability to influence multi-disciplined teams and persuade others, including external partners
* Experience in compiling and managing requirements specifications
* At least 3 years' experience of design or technical strategy in your area of expertise
* Awareness of key factors that influence business drivers and our technology partners
* Logical problem management skills within a project
* Vendor management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Understanding of mobile device test processes, logging tools (QXDM, DM, ELT, STT, HIDS), and debug
* A strong numerate degree
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.