|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Duration:||12 month FTC|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
12 month FTC
I have an exciting opportunity to work as an Assistant Accountant for a company based in Witney
The Assistant Accountant will support the Group Financial Reporting Manager in all aspects of financial reporting activities (trading entities in the UK (Witney and London) and USA (Boston)).
Assist with the Financial Reporting activities with a specific focus on the US entity.
Responsible for the following key Financial Reporting tasks:
1) Assisting in the preparation and maintaining integrity of the US financial statements
2) Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for the US operating company with support from the Group Accountant
- Assist in the monthly preparation of financial statements for ATUS including analysis of GP1, GP2 and overheads
- Assisting in the completion of the programme contribution flash working day one with commentary
- Accountable for balance sheet reconciliations (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and identifying opportunities and risks
- Reviewing other balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other member of Finance such as bank, payroll.
- Monthly reporting on fixed assets and capitalised project costs - liaising with FP&A.
- Work closely with the US commercial finance team to provide them with robust financial data to support their business partnering and decision making
- Supporting payroll with the PSA calculation in the UK and US
- Work on ad hoc projects to deliver system and process efficiencies and enhancements
- Working with the Financial Reporting team to develop exception reporting resulting in JD / AX errors being corrected in month
- Providing support to the US Finance function
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
The successful Assistant Accountant
- Qualified or part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate across all areas of the business
- Build and develop relationships with key business stakeholders
- Flexible team player.
- Able to work to tight deadlines & within a busy environment.
To apply for the Assistant Accountant please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.