12 month fixed-term contract.
To support the Group Accountant in all aspects of the client's financial reporting activities (trading entities in the UK and USA .
Undertake Financial Reporting activities with a specific focus on the US entity.
Responsible for the following key Financial Reporting tasks:
- Preparing and maintaining integrity of the US financial statements
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Weekly debtor reconciliations
- Prepare annual financial statements for the US operating company with support from the Group Accountant
- Monthly preparation of financial statements for ATUS including analysis of GP1, GP2 and overheads
- Completing GP2 flash working day one with commentary
- Accountable for balance sheet reconciliations (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and identifying opportunities and risks
- Reviewing other balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other member of Finance such as bank, payroll
- Weekly debtor's reconciliation and liaising with the business on resolution of variances
- Monthly reporting on fixed assets and capitalised project costs - liaising with FP&A
- Work closely with the US commercial finance team to provide them with robust financial data to support their business partnering and decision making
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns for the group and supporting payroll with the PSA calculation in the UK and US
- Working with the Financial Reporting team to develop exception reporting resulting in JD / AX errors being corrected in month
- Monitoring the helpdesk to ensure tickets are resolved within agreed SLA's and providing support when necessary
- Qualified or part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or AAT with previous experience in management accounting
- Advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Confident, engaging and able to build relationships with key stakeholders and people across all business areas.
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative.
- Able to work to tight deadlines & within a busy environment
- Strong numerical skills
Salary dependent on experience with great benefits on offer.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.