Are you a knowledge leader in Windows server support with the ability to support less experienced staff and perform varied and complex technical and professional activities and investigations? Can you take an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving? Do you have proven experience in a support role preferably at the 2nd line level? Do you have experience leading teams?. Can you administer windows servers running 2008, 2012 and 2016? Are you able to configure Windows Domain Infrastructure including Active Directory, Keytabs, DNS, DHCP, and Public Key Infrastructure? Can you work with VMWare and Hyper-V??
Set the Scene
We are looking for a Windows server support engineer to add experience, knowledge and leadership qualities to our team. The role will involve support of windows servers running 2008, 2012 and 2016, administration of Windows Domain Infrastructure including Active Directory, Keytabs, DNS, DHCP and Public Key Infrastructure and scripting utilising Visual Basic and/or Powershell.
- Proven experience in support role preferably at the 2nd line level.
- Significant Windows Server experience, ideally in Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Domain Infrastructure including Active Directory, Keytabs, DNS, DHCP and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Administrative scripting utilising Visual Basic and/or Powershell.
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. The role holder works with no supervision and is a knowledge leader with a depth of specialization across a wide range of systems. They support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end-users. May supervise other members of the team and act as team manager if needed.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practices. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
* Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
* Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Leads the technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in a tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
* Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
* Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
* Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Key Performance Indicators
- Feedback from customers, Project Manager, Service Lines, etc.
* Feedback of participants (internal and external) for technical training sessions delivered.
* Proven track record working with product authority and external vendor support teams.
* Proven track record of problem resolutions.
* Successful solution designs implemented.
* Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
* Successful definition, implementation and conformance to processes.
* Service level requirements met.
* Response and resolution to escalated issues in a timely manner.
* Problem ownership demonstrated.
* Meets project deadlines and costs within own scope of responsibility.
* Successful track record of leading small projects.
* Errors with workarounds or fixes provided in a timely manner.
* Successful track record of working with third parties.
* Improved first time/line.
* Correct application of severity, impact and priority.
* The new business secured and successfully implemented.
* Skills matrix up to date with products/systems/technologies and techniques.
* Contribution to product forums and working parties.
* Up to date personal learning plan available.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Build Manager/Mobile telecoms
Location: Berkshire, England
Commercial Finance Analyst
Location: Berkshire, England
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Portfolio Demand Manager
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland