Technical Service Delivery Manager / Service Manager (Patching/end of life) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client for an initial contract until 4th May 2018 to be based in Canary Wharf. We are looking for a candidate who has evolved from a technical engineer background as this role will include having complex technical conversations with the customer.
Responsibilities will include:
Applying 3rd party vendor supplied fixes for Hardware and software assets.
- Ensure our customer's managed assets within each service tower are patched against security vulnerabilities and software bugs.
- Provision of patching reports and statistics detailing all managed assets patched including details of the patches installed
- Ownership of the patching schedule for managed assets including the agreement of dates/times for installation of patches.
- Management of any emergency patching activities required on an ad-hoc basis
- Create and Manage any patching Risks relating to managed assets
- Ensure our customer complies with any other requirements detailed in the customer patching policy
- Attending meetings with the customer and other teams representing patch management both from a technical and administrative perspective
- Represent our customer with all levels of management within their customer and ensure the contractual boundaries of the contract are communicated effectively
Compliance with End of Life elements of Service Towers, Server Operations, Storage and Datacentres.
- Make sure Refresh, Replacement & Upgrade Service Risk Reports area maintained accurately
- Own the development and implementation of any unsupported process with a direct ongoing responsibility for ensuring all work completed is captured.
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.