Technical Accounting Manager - IFRS - Berkshire
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our client's busy and dynamic Financial Accounting Team who are responsible for the ensuring the complete and accurate financial recording of all transactions as well as providing internal controls assurance services to internal teams and shareholders.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of IFRS 16 accounting for the 20,000 site property estate including management of an outsource provider.
- Assuring the IFRS 16 accounting, reporting and reconciliations for the 20,000 sites property estate is delivered timely and accurately with considerations:
- there are separate and different accounting rules for each shareholder
- Ensuring all relevant factors on network and sites leases affecting the IFRS 16 accounting are timely and completely captured in monthly reports. Manging the IFRS 16 accounting outsource provider.
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis for all IFRS 16 balances
- Sufficient and Effective Reconciliation and Reporting of all balances
- FRS101 statutory disclosure requirements
- Single Point of Contact on all IFRS 16 matters
- Keeping up to date with any IFRS 16 changes
- Continuous improvement and industrialising the IFRS 16 accounting processes to improve the accounting quality, management report / reconciliation and system controls and efficiency
- Support the statutory audit and ensure compliance with any control standards (e.g. ISAE 3402) as required.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Experience of Accounts Receivable, Accounts payable and expense reimbursement function
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Experience of Supplier Management and Supplier invoice processing
- Team leadership experience
- Able to understand laws and regulations (e.g., company act, HMRC ruling) and implement manual and system change for compliance
- Audit experience to ensure how external service provider is compliance with policy, internal control procedure
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.