|Job Title:||System Administrator - Linux Solaris|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€400 - €450 per day|
|Contact Name:||Richard Roberts|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
System Administrator - Linux Solaris
Dublin - 12 months contract
Up to 450 Euro per day
Urgent requirement for a System Administrator to proactively monitor managed service components for a large public sector customer of a leading global IT services company.
The ideal candidate background and experience is as follows:
- 5+ years proven experience actively working with Solaris and/or Linux in a production operational environment
- Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
- Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
- Familiarity with the concepts of Unix storage and ideally have worked with SUN/Oracle, EMC or Fujitsu disk storage solutions.
- A self starter and should be able to operate in customer facing environment with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed excellent communication skills both written and verbal, proven experience of technical documentation production, can demonstrate technical leadership
- Flexibility on travel within Ireland for short term assignment
- Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
- Experienced in a wide range of technology areas.
- Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
- Candidates should hold a relevant third level qualification
- IT Certifications, good technical training background
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.