|Job Title:||Symantec WSS Consultant - Blue Coat ProxySG - Cardiff|
|REF:||FJS- SAP - Symantec_1556544204|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Symantec WSS Consultant - Blue Coat ProxySG - Cardiff - Contract
My client is looking for an experienced professional with excellent knowlede of Symantec WSS (formerly Blue Coat ProxySG) to fulfill the role of Symantec WSS Consultant for a world leading IT services provider. You will be working for a major Financial client of theirs on a long term 6 month rolling contract based in Cardiff.
As the Symantec WSS Consultant you will review existing Internet Filtering solutions in line with industry and vendor best practice. Propose and implement changes to the existing Internet Filtering solution to meet Information Security's requirements and assist the wider Security Engineering team with the maintenance and configuration of Security Tooling.
You will ideally have the following experience:
- Experience of managing and reconfiguring an Internet Filtering solution.
- Strong technical background with extensive knowledge of how Internet applications work and how they interact with Internet Filtering and the challenges this can cause.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Security principles.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to actively manage workloads to meet business and department requirements.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with IT and Information Security teams and the wider business.
- Experience of working within the Insurance / Financial sector and an understanding of the typical business processes involved together with the threat actors and their relevant tactics, techniques and procedures would be of significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, host based firewalling, HIDS/HIPS, email filtering or EDR would be advantageous.
- Technical Information Security Certifications such as CEH, CISSP, etc.
- Degree in an Information Security / Computing discipline.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.