Application Support Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in the Wolverhampton area, provides investment and asset management solutions to some the world's leading companies. They develop, sells and delivers award-winning software solutions to the financial sector that mitigate risk, enable growth and cut costs. They are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer to join their Technical Support team to provide technical application support to a range of their different applications.
About The Role
This role will be reporting into the Support Manager. You will need to be a methodical, hardworking and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work under pressure. Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential as well as having excellent time management skills.
You will also need to have a strong sense of ownership and client focus having logical thinking with proven problem-solving abilities with proven experience of client relationship development.
- Incident logging, investigation and escalation.
- Analysis of problems and their root-causes for incidents raised by customers
- Adherence to agreed KPI's
- Remote and on-site installations/upgrades of client systems
- Visiting client sites as and when required
- Working closely with other departments across the organisation.
About The Person
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience in a technical client-facing role.
- Strong commercial MS SQL experience.
- Knowledge of T-SQL, including stored procedures, functions and synonyms.
- Experience working with MS SQL Server 2008 (and above) installation, sizing and performance troubleshooting.
- Windows and Network experience, including Window Server 2008 onwards, Active Directory and Windows security, IIS, COM+/MTS, DCOM, MMQ
- Experience in the financial market place would be beneficial.
- A degree or equivalent level qualification
- Programming experience in VB.Net or C# would be advantageous
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.