My client is a leading Defence organisation looking for a number of experienced Service Architects.
A Service Architect delivers the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
Strong customer-management and interpersonal skills and an in-depth knowledge of the service design area.
The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or Customer.
The ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components.
The Service Architect must have:
* A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques.
* A strong operational understanding of service supply chains
* Experience of service design for major IT systems
* A broad knowledge of the constituent components of the DII solution
* The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation
* Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives
* A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding of service supply chains
* Experience of service architecture and design for major IT systems
* Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills
* Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running workshops
* Team development and motivational skills
* Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
Due to the project SC clearance will be needed.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.