|Job Title:||Senior Transmission Design Engineer - Berkshire - Permanent|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior Transmission Design Engineer - Berkshire - Permanent
Ethernet / ATM / SDH/SONET / Frame Relay / Packet over SDH/SONET / WDM / wireless technologies / Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines) / Layer 3 Traffic Engineering / L2 Traffic Management / TDM / xWDM / fibre optical network techniques / IP / BGP / IS-IS / OSPF / RIP
- As a Senior Transmission Design Engineer with a leading service producer and consumer brand, you will develop designs for internal customers through influencing and evolving the network design principles and standards. As well as producing designs that seamlessly combine logical and physical considerations to meet the capacity, technology and product requirements for any network size and complexity.
- You will provide technical leadership for the Design teams, ensuring architecture and engineering plans for product and technology development align with the customer and business requirements and can be delivered in a cost effective manner.
- In this role you will work with key stakeholders across the business, external suppliers and industry bodies to influence technical and financial outcomes. We are looking for someone that will thrive to become a recognised SME within Design, Engineering and Senior Management communities.
- The day-to-day:
- As a Senior Engineer you will design and develop large and/or complex transmission network designs ensuring the quality, time and cost objectives are consistently met and the availability of designs and records supports the core network infrastructure build plans and operations requirements
- Senior Engineers deliver all aspects of the transmission network design cost effectively meeting technical requirements and conforming to the architectures & engineering standards, security requirements, topologies, management systems, processes and technical accommodation standards for room and rack design.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies, Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management, TDM, xWDM and fibre optical network techniques.
- A strong understanding of IP networks and protocols, including the setting up of MPLS paths, addressing schemes, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP and of signalling protocols such as RSVP and LDP.
- Knowledge of Transmission testing techniques and fibre optic characteristics (e.g. OTDR, ILM, BERT, PMD and CD).
- Technical Consultancy skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts at all levels of the organisation and to external customers and professional/industry bodies.
- Ability to conceptualise and design complex network infrastructure to provide optical fibre and transmission capacity and customer solutions.
- Professional accreditation, such as IET, SCTE IPEP.
- Vendor Certifications, such as Cisco CCDP/CCNP, Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP, Alcatel 3RP/SRA, Ciena Optical transport
- Experience in Network Management, Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Knowledge of OTN technologies
- Familiarity with ISP platforms, including DHCP/Radius/DNS/Caching and email
- Familiarity with Sun, Unix, Linux and windows platforms
- Significant experience working in Network Design/Support role.
- Inventory Systems (Logical and Physical networks)
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Transmission Planning Engineer (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
RAN Design Technical Authority
Project Engineer (mobile telecoms)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
RAN Performance Technical Authority