|Job Title:||Senior Security Engineer|
|Salary:||£1 - £2 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Senior Security Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in the Cambridge area, are one of the leading telephone, television and internet services providers in the world with 27 million customers around the world. They looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join their Security Operations Team to effectively deliver through the understanding, provision of guidance and monitoring, related to regulation, legislation, international standards and industry best practice for information security.
About The Role
As a Senior Security Engineer, it will be your responsibility to protect & maintain the confidentiality, integrity plus availability of our security portfolio's informational assets and systems applying these practices on a daily basis through implementation of customer demands on various security appliances in a timely manner.
Working alongside their Pre-Sales and Design teams, customer interaction both internal and external is a key part in both the understanding of requirements and the stringent security practices that need to be put in place. Given the complex nature of Cyber Security and the widespread uses, imparting that knowledge and working practices to all parties will help drive them forward into the forefront of the Security world.
- Implementation of Complex Business solutions containing various security elements, including Palo Alto / Cisco / F5 / Juniper.
- In-life support of a vast Security portfolio including any day to day changes as requested by the customer.
- In conjunction with Business Operations, own until resolution complex technical problems, making timely decisions for the Business to resolve these issues.
- Respond to security incidents and breaches, conduct investigations, report results and recommend mitigation strategies
- Develop, implement and monitor security policies and security controls in accordance with recognized best practice and in line with ISO27001 and IL3
- Provide subject matter expertise to various parts of the business to ensure information security is embedded appropriately.
- Identify security technologies and approaches; evaluate their value; make appropriate recommendations to customers and the business to help them make informed strategic decisions.
- Review of live customer network designs for efficiency and resilience where deemed appropriate.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with Design and Pre-Sales community to help support customer needs for bespoke requirements.
- Have the ability to move between security environments with ease to maintain our PSN-P (Il3) realm.
- Part of 24/7 on call rota as decided between Principal Engineer and yourself.
- Work with various stake holders to do UAT of both hardware and releases of operating systems to maintain the integrity of the security Estate.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Proven experience in technical security issues with experience working in Security realm
- Highly motivated with pace, energy and strong personal impact in a small dedicated team
- Highly effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Experience of working with the principles and controls surrounding ISO 27001, HMG SPF, 2-2-4
- Good understanding of principles of risk management Ability to deliver information security with a pragmatic business driven approach
- In depth knowledge of associated technical systems, security architecture technologies and associated penetration testing and security event management methodologies
- Ability to undertake evaluation/ analysis in a highly complex and fluid environment, make judgements and give clear and concise advice.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of LAN/WAN hardening, cryptography and key management, secure access methods, principles of network security and experience in using security based monitoring technologies
- Implementation of Security rulesets and configuration on Next Generation firewalls (Palo Alto - VMB Market Leader Vendor of choice)
- Understanding of other marking leading technologies and product ranges outside that of Palo Alto (Cisco / Juniper)
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage technical issues (whether from a design, provisioning, testing or faulting perspective) to resolution, concise Troubleshooting techniques.
- Dedication to support a 24*7 on call environment, to facilitate changes and faults as required
Technical Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Academic Qualifications should include GCSE including Mathematics, English and Science/Technology or equivalent
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent industry experience
- Palo Alto ( Ace required - PCNSE preferred)
- A good understanding and preferably hands on experience of using the Palo Alto portfolio
- Cisco Security Certification ( CISSP/ CCSP / Cyber Security / Cyber Ops preferred)
- Overall Telecommunications skills to enable the employee to pick up any type of problem. The employee will have experience in LAN / WAN environments and Protocol Analysers across a wide range of protocols, Applications and Operating Systems and will have the ability to define and capability to understand complex problems.
- To be highly conversant with current and future technologies
- A basic understanding of Cisco, Juniper, Pulse SA, F5 LTM and other Supplier Technologies and product ranges would be beneficial.
- Must be an excellent communicator with good presentation & communication (written and oral) skills and experience.
- Any work with crypto certification, PKI environments and the usage of IPSEC.
- Experience / appreciation of corporate / public customer issues (working in customer focused environment) ie good customer service skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of 2 factor authentication such as SafeNet / Radius
- Understanding of protocols, eg HTTP/ HTTPS / TCP / IP / IPSEC / UDP
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Security Architect (Pre-Sales)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: Daily Rate
Lead Pre-sales Security Architect
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Lead Pre-Sales Security Architect/Consultant
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Network Architect - Security Cleared - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
TECHNICAL DESIGN AUTHORITY - IT & TELCO SECURITY (CISSP / CCIE)
Location: Berkshire, England