|Job Title:||Senior Mobile Telecoms Property /Acquisition Programme Manager|
|Duration:||2 year FTC|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior Mobile Telecoms Property Estate Programme Manager - 2 year FTC - Berkshire - Mobile Telecoms
- To ensure strategic and BAU property acquisition and negotiation activities are managed and delivered appropriately.
- A member of the Leadership Team for Property (Directorate) the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Property Director to translate business initiatives into a vision for the team and to identify, develop and deliver the road-map for the Property Directorate to deliver short term and long term needs.
- It is the role of the leadership team for Property to work collaboratively to gather and understand their customers needs and needs of the business (internally and externally). And to socialise and gain commitment from their suppliers (internally and externally) and set stretching SLA's.
- The role is responsible for ensuring other departmental needs are included in the strategic plans for negotiation strategies with site providers, specifically Deployment, Operations, Finance and Legal.
- The incumbent is responsible for constructively challenging the property leadership team and wider business to ensure we create a positive working environment and focus on people, execution and customers.
- Accountable for developing, agreeing and ensuring the execution of negotiation strategies for cell sites (including the systems, processes, controls and capabilities) on behalf of the company and its Shareholders including communications, governance and compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards
- Accountable for developing effective stakeholder relationships across the business, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open, transparent communication and foster trust and respect. Proactively using these relationships to hold stakeholders to account, influence strategic decision making and ensure acquisition activities support Shareholder strategic initiatives
- Accountable for driving the performance of the Acquisition eco system, proactively identifying opportunities to innovate and optimise delivery. Where required, investigating under-performance, instigating recovery initiatives and intensely managing the recovery of delivery performance.
- Accountability for identifying and implementing initiatives to optimise activities across all acquisition activity to accelerate delivery and maximise cost savings
- Accountable for the proactive management of all acquisition related inter-dependencies, risks and issues. Initiating corrective actions, recovery plans and interventions required to ensure compliance with Company standards, policies and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets
- Managing a virtual team consisting of Chartered Surveyors, Delivery Managers, Project Managers Business Analysts, Acquisition Agents amongst others
- Creation of evaluation reports and governance packs up to exec level (Company and Shareholders), providing critical input to selection of the optimum commercial proposals to meet Company and Shareholder objectives
- Proactively and effectively manage the relationships with all stakeholders including MD, FD, Property Director and Shareholder senior management
- Define, build and grow the culture: understand what drives high performance, engagement and delivery. Actively support the People Agenda and drive positive improvements
- Manage the performance of the virtual team, drive high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives. Continually review these and provide feedback on an on-going basis
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
- Significant leadership experience of large scale acquisition ecosystems with strong track record of delivering negotiation projects to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Significant experience of developing, shaping and executing strategy within a large scale ecosystem (including the methodologies, processes and capabilities) to deliver multiple large and highly complex programmes of work.
- Mobile Telecoms or Utilities or Rail Property/Estate Background
- Team management - managing Surveyors, Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Business Analysts and Acquisition Agents
- Strong understanding of the commercial UK mobile or telecoms property market supply chain, including the factors that constrain, enable and enhance the capability of individual suppliers and the supply chain as a whole.
- Extensive experience of motivating and managing multiple and varied stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of policies and business processes on negotiating deals
- Experience of managing the natural tensions between customer, commercial and technical requirements
- A proven track record in leadership, creating positive climates, articulating a vision, managing change and inspiring people
- An ability to build positive relationships and an understanding of organisational politics. An ability to use these to socialise and influence stakeholders
- Significant and demonstrable experience of negotiating business deals (customer or supplier facing)
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.