In Project People, we have a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about Security to work with one of our clients, a leading provider of IT products and services for the global marketplace including hardware, software, networking, business solutions, and more. The primary Location is Basingstoke or Bracknell.
*A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
We are looking for a SOC Analyst to identify threats and vulnerabilities and present solutions or mitigation activities to manage these.
- Responsibility for the security analysis, incident classification, and incident response actions including notification and alerting. Monitoring for possible security incidents, using knowledge of attack types and standard protocol behavior to classify incidents, comment, and provide advice on mitigation or remedial actions to the customer.
- You will Investigate and report on suspicious activity including, unauthorised account activity, compromised accounts, and incidents, privilege creep, loss of data, and breaches in security policy. This involves conducting investigations to ascertain the facts surrounding these activities and liaising with other resolver groups and teams to understand the impact and possible risks associated.
- Knowledge and experience of using LogRhythm SIEM
- Monitoring client security infrastructure, identifying and reporting Real Time attacks and vulnerabilities on the client network.
- Identification of incidents and subsequent analysis and investigation to determine their severity and the response required.
- Ensure that incidents are correctly reported and documented in accordance with government policy and procedures.
- Be prepared to provide a Technical Escalation Point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Maintain a keen understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the security of the client network.
- As required update Protective Monitoring/SOC documentation, processes, and procedures and ensure currency.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.