For our client's Research & Development Centre in Ipswich we are looking for a Production Operator
- SAFETY: Follows safe working practices established within the workplace. Is conversant with the hazards and risks of the area. Follows area policies, including: Cleanroom Standards, Chemical Handling, COSHH, PPE & ESD protocols, house-keeping, cleanliness and storage standards. Actively undertakes 5S and continuous improvement activities.
- PROCESSING - Processing semi-conductor product in the form of Wafer, Bar, Chip or Chip-on-Carrier. This will be undertaken on a wide range of processes including the use of chemicals, vision systems and equipment; both manual and automated. Follows documented material handling and Processing Instructions. Once trained, will be expected to meet a standards for Cycle Time and Quality.
- TRAINING - Business, Area and Process Instructions will be given by a designated trainer/s. A documented record will be maintained in the form of: Induction training form, Work Instruction Sign off sheet, Personal Training Record and Training matrixes. These will be updated and maintained in conjunction with the Area Cell Lead. May in turn become actively involved in coaching and training others, including becoming a trainer. Again, will follow Policy and Procedure.
- COMMUNICATION AND ADMIN: Attends appropriate meetings associated with the proficient running of the Cell; its Equipment and Processes. Follows company procedure for the administration of Attendance, Timekeeping and Holidays in conjunction with the Area Cell Lead.
- EQUIPMENT & PROCESS CONTROL: Ensures that the Equipment and Processes Instruction being worked upon is up to date and accurate. Collects data and / or information in line with these instructions, incl: SPM / SPC. Highlights issues where these are out of specification. Highlights where the process is performing below standard yield and offers suggestions for improvement.
- KNOWLEDGE: Works with the Cell Lead to build a portfolio of cross trained capability and Product, Process and Equipment knowledge. Is expected to adapt to new processes introduced to the Cell
- WORK FLOW: Follows the work flow priority set by the Cell Lead (FIFO as standard). Ensure WIP is transited and stored in the correct locations, that travellers and other data collection systems are completed and that MES is accurately and timely completed. Highlight when materials, chemicals or consumables reach a point of potential outage, excess or waste.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.