- Work with the Finance Manager and the Finance and Reporting Manager to carry out routine month end and year end accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide technical knowledge and support and help with professional development of more junior members of the finance team.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting manager with the following activities:
- Ensuring adequacy of financial controls and procedures affecting the finance operations (payables, receivables, sub-ledger accounting, intercompany balances and general financial reporting compliance)
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC VAT and generally accepted accounting principles
- Liaising with Shareholders regarding any GAAP changes and conversion
- Producing monthly management accounts information and analysis for internal customers, MBNL management and Shareholders
- Preparing the yearend financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Identifying and driving improvement required to financial reporting, forecasting and financial controls
- Maintaining balance of cash funding from Shareholders within the joint venture and lead any settlement discussion in case of disputes
- Leading the finance internal control steering committee with shareholders and maintaining the internal control matrix
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
- Provide feedback and recognition across the whole organisation
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
- MUST of recently been working in an accountancy practice.
- Fully qualified chartered accountant, preferably ACCA (would consider part qualified if finished 90% of exams).
- Strong excel skills
- Experience of financial control process and systems.
- Experience of end to end accounting processes.
- Experience of VAT and corporate Tax
- Familiarity with the latest accounting and reporting standards.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.