|Job Title:||Purchase Ledger Assistant|
|Duration:||6 Month Rolling|
|Contact Name:||Chris Perry|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Purchase Ledger Assistant
This is an on-going Temporary contract opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk.
We have a new system and at present until stable is very manual, therefore we urgently need to get additional people to replace those who have left the team to take on permanent roles in the company and help clear the backlog of invoices so we can process them and pay suppliers.
* Shared responsibility for processing up to 6000 invoices each month
* To work collaboratively with other internal departments for the benefit of the business as a whole and to provide professional, helpful and proactive advice and support as required
* To process purchase invoices from suppliers, matching and coding invoices, agreeing to purchase orders on the company's purchase order system
* To resolve internal and external supplier account and purchase invoice queries
* To conduct supplier account reconciliations to supplier statements and other supplier balance confirmations
* To review purchase ledger ageing to identify any potential problems and to liaise with the procurement department to establish why invoices may be being withheld for payment
* Minimum of 12 months experience using a recognised accounting system and purchase ledger module, SAP preferred.
* Good standard of general literacy; advanced standard of numeracy.
* IT literate with experience of and a good level of proficiency using standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written; quick learner with the ability to communicate with staff and management at all levels
* Good organisational and administration skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.