|Job Title:||Purchase Ledger Assistant|
|Contact Name:||Martin Walker|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Purchase Ledger Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a new exciting opportunity as a Purchase Ledger Clerk on an going temporary contract.
The role holder will be required to clear the backlog of invoices so we can process invoices and pay suppliers, you will share responsibility of up to 6000 invoices each month which require processing.
- To process purchase invoices from suppliers, matching and coding invoices, agreeing to purchase orders on the company's purchase order system
- To resolve internal and external supplier account and purchase invoice queries
- To conduct supplier account reconciliations to supplier statements and other supplier balance confirmations
- To review purchase ledger and identify any potential problems and to liaise with the procurement department to establish why invoices may be being withheld for payment
- Minimum of 12 months experience using a recognised accounting system and purchase ledger module, SAP preferred.
- IT and numeracy literate with experience of and a good level of proficiency using standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written; quick learner with the ability to communicate with staff and management at all levels
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.