I am currently recruiting for the below role:
Role - Project Accountant
Location - Bracknell / Basingstoke
Position - Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
We are looking for a Finance Specialist to undertake this challenging and diverse role. With the support of a wider team, the purpose of this role is to provide accounting support to new and recent contracts wins within the Business Unit. The scope of the role covers end-to-end financial management of the new contracts including month end close processes, forecasting, and ensuring complete lifetime P&L, open book (customer requirements) and balance sheet integrity maintained for these contracts.
- Be capable of applying technical knowledge, expertise and experience to address problems or to complete assignments, including data analysis and scenario modelling and evaluation and reporting on range of outcomes including financial/accounting impact, risks, rewards, costs and benefits.
- Ensure that the month end closing cycle is followed to required timescales
- Ensure that all compliance requirements are met, particularly ensuring that Group Accounting Policy is followed, J-Sox requirements are met, lifetime models are maintained, and cockpit reports are created where required
- Identify the most appropriate accounting treatment to adopt when there are contractual difficulties or commercial disputes
- Help to manage working capital through accurate forecasting
- Support and challenge the business to ensure that quarterly, Mid Term Plan and other forecasting information is gathered correctly and has integrity but is owned and understood by the business
- Provide information required by business partners, financial planning and analysis, and other finance stakeholders
- Support external and internal audit processes
- Ensure that external customer reporting and open book requirements are met and build strong working relationships with customer finance teams where applicable
- Provide finance input to new business opportunities
- Identify and manage financial risks and opportunities within the areas of responsibility
- A competent finance specialist with technical expertise gained through professional accounting or other finance qualifications and able to apply relevant technical knowledge, experience and expertise
- Technically strong with the ability to analyse and understand a business situation and how this should be applied to accounting treatment
- Good communication skills and the ability to constructively challenge and influence other stakeholders who may hold differing opinions
- Ability to proactively address operational problems and inefficiencies, applying knowledge and experience to resolve issues, or to request senior management guidance where necessary for more complex matters outside scope of authority or expertise;
- Working knowledge of large company ERP and finance system processes and approaches would be advantageous
- **A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV to have further discussion.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.