|Job Title:||Professional Support Lawyer - Property|
|Salary:||Competitive salary + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kerry Knight|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Professional Support Lawyer - 18 Month FTC
We are looking for a Professional Support Lawyer to join our busy and dynamic Legal team who provides commercially focused and efficient legal solutions together with risk management support across all areas of the business from property to procurement.
Working in our state-of-the-art offices, flexible working with collaborative digital systems, are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a competitive salary and interesting work.
To spearhead the MBNL Legal team's organisation, management and communication of know-how, with particular reference to transactional property work, property disputes and the Electronic Communications Code. The focus of the role is to codify and make accessible our ways of working, so that we can share knowledge effectively and, in the process, speed up the way that we provide solutions and breed consistency of approach
- Supporting the MBNL legal team on all aspects of knowledge management around transactional property work and property disputes including Towers & Antennae, Notices to Quit, Business as Usual Lease renewals etc.
- Working with the MBNL Legal and Property teams to produce the Guidance Notes from the Roadmap (production of first drafts from written materials shared by team members and then fine tuning the documents through face to face discussions).
- Producing updates on lessons learned from litigation that is brought before the Upper Land Tribunal or the County Courts (both by MBNL and others).
- Co-ordination of inputs and know how delivery from MBNL's external solicitors and counsel to maximise on their contribution to our knowledge management capability.
- Assisting with establishing and constantly improving effective and efficient processes and policies, particularly regarding leveraging the impact of the Electronic Communications Code
- Co-ordinating MBNL know how seminars and workshops aimed at improving education on the Electronic Communications Code and associated matters.
- Creating and maintaining a portfolio of vibrant animated / video materials aimed at MBNL's external counterparties such as site owners and their agents, explaining MBNL's approach, demystifying the Electronic Communications Code and providing updates on the key decisions of the Upper Land Tribunal and the impact they will have
- Supporting the MBNL shareholders (EE and Three) in information sharing and know how - and supporting this knowledge sharing through the management of suitable user access management controls on information sharing platforms
- Managing an information sharing platform (such as a Yammer site) to create a culture of knowledge sharing across the whole ecosystem of relevant stakeholders, and maintaining a drumbeat of information on that site
- Acting as the interface to the MBNL IT teams in conveying and developing our requirements for IT platforms to underpin our know how offering
- A qualified solicitor/legal executive
- Experience of working in any of the following areas: telecommunications; Commercial or Real Estate Litigation; In-house legal team and/or Read Estate
- Excellent word processing skills including Microsoft excel / outlook / PowerPoint / SharePoint and word
- Ability to handle large workloads and to adapt and learn new skills
- Experience of working as a PSL Lawyer
Nice to Have
- Ability to interact with lawyers & non-lawyers
- Ability to build excellent working relationships across the board in a challenging environment
- An interest in the use and leverage of Legal Technology
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you!
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.