|Job Title:||PROCUREMENT MANAGER - (CLOUD IT & SOFTWARE SERVICES)|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hudson|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
As part of a major Cloud network transformation programme; the role of ITO Category Buyer will work with the ITO Category Manager but report directly into the Head of Procurement for IT.
Main duties will involve:
- Software and services in the cloud
- Responsibility for ensuring all purchased software is cloud friendly and enabled (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) for the IT Transformation Programme to the new IT stack.
Other than the C-level, transformation and IT stakeholders, the role needs to manage external partners who are integral to the transformation programme i.e. the Service Integrators who are working collaboratively with each other and us to deliver the new stack.
Procurement are leading on a step change of best practice, taking a coordinated approach to IT and ITO spend meaning that this role is pivotal and a key enabler to provide this shift to more of a category management focus within the business.
Role supports not only the commercial control of the IT Transformation Programme circa £120m annual spend, but needs to be delivered by a person that displays a soft skill set and is able to manage stakeholders up to C level. Cross functional behaviours and ability to demonstrate a consultancy style approach are key.
- Excellent stakeholder manager skills (internal / external) to C-level execs
- Minimum 5 years of strong track record in IT and ITO related areas
- Significant experience in IT sourcing including ITO as primary focus supported by a software background
- Dealing with large System Integrators either in a tender process or on a BAU basis
- Working in multi-vendor ITO environments
- Commercial contract management
- Experience in Telecoms sector valuable but not mandatory
- Experience in managing transition of functions from reactive to strategic
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of category management and the ability to move unstructured spend in that direction
- Demonstrates a consultancy based mind-set to managing work (not necessarily a consultancy background) with the ability to prioritise workload and understand the bigger picture
- Flexibility in a changeable environment
- Large scale IT/Cloud/Software procurement budget management (£MM)
- Degree qualified
- Ideally CIPS qualified
- MBA qualification considered a bonus
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IT Engineer Co-ordinator - SC Cleared
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
Location: London, England
Service/Infrastructure Delivery Manager (Telecoms)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
VENDOR MANAGER - CONTRACT & COMMERCIAL TELECOMS
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Commercial Manager x2 - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire