Network Transmission Architect
Berkshire - 6 month rolling contract
Would you like to work for a Telecoms company at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution?
The Transport Strategy & Architecture Team within Network Strategy is responsible for delivering Technology Strategy and High-Level Architecture for Transport Networks, including IP and Network Security, Optical Transmission, Wireless Transmission and Fixed Mobile backhaul. As a result on intensive transformation activities in the transmission domain an opportunity has become available for a Network Transmission Architect within the Transport & Strategy Architecture Team.
- Gained excellent overall understanding of Transmission, IP RAN transport and RAN technologies gains from either telco network service provider and / or telco supplier.
- Experience of identifying and managing transmission objectives, risks and mitigation plans
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging Optical and Ethernet Transmission systems, IP RAN, SDN & NFV and wireless technologies, spectrum, equipment and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Good familiarity with OSS system and integration, Transport SDN Controller(s), NFV, MANO, Service Orchestration and multilayer PCE
- Ability to know when to implement solutions with consideration to the wider impacts i.e. risk, cost, customer impact, timescales, etc.
- Widespread knowledge of different Transmission vendors and solutions and managed services.
- Excellent knowledge and experience RAN transmission, Core Transmission and Data Centre connectivity
- Experience of defining Network Transmission Architectural Principles and Policy; and governing their implementation.
- Significant experience of operating in a Governance and Architecture role; or a Design role having end-to-end responsibility and spanning multiple technology domains.
- Ability to steer solutions based on the overall architecture without dictating the detailed design delivery.
- Experience of working in a technology based role and interfacing to a varied number of internal and external stakeholders.
Please click to apply or contact me directly email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.