|Job Title:||Management Accountant / Finance Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Damian Wolski|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Are you a Qualified Accountant? Can you work with all levels of the business? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant/ FNFP Finance Specialist to support the DCNS Defence Account reporting into the Senior Finance Manager/ FNFP Finance Manager. This is a challenging and varied role giving an opportunity to build commercial & financial skills, to be the lead finance support to parts of the account.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead & work within a close team environment. They will have sound technical skills and be able to communicate at all levels of the organisation. They will be comfortable working with staff inside and outside the Finance community and be able to demonstrate sound commercial judgement.
- Responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the monthly accounts & forecast reporting.
- Provision of financial support to workstreams to support forecasting, budgeting, and to facilitate sound business decisions. Continued development of workstream forecasting models.
- Identify and support workstream cost reduction/profit maximisation opportunities.
- Provide operational management with the correct level of reporting and financial support during reviews.
- Act as a finance business partner to the workstream lead.
- Support RFCs and bids from a workstream perspective.
- Support the wider Finance team as required and participate as an effective and integral team member.
- Undertake specific finance projects as directed by the Senior Finance Manager/ FNFP Finance Manager.
- Deputise for the Senior Finance Manager/ FNFP Finance Manager as required.
The candidate should be fully qualified with a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
Other important requirements are as follows:
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with finance and non-finance staff.
- A proactive approach to work.
- Good organisational skills & attention to detail.
- Strong results orientation.
- IT Managed Services Industry experience desirable.
- Have sound knowledge of excel, knowledge of Hyperion (HFM) and Oracle desirable
A security clearance is not a pre-requisite but the successful candidate will be required to achieve this.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.