|Job Title:||Linux Integration Engineer - Linux Architect|
|REF:||FJS - MTLinux_1574268922|
|Contact Name:||Mike Tozer|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Linux Integration Engineer - Linux Architect
Our client a Global IT Services company are looking for Linux Integrators, Administrators or Engineer who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts and automate, where possible, the configuration and deployment of Operating Systems, Tools and applications and then produce the associated build instructions, and supporting artefacts, for other engineers.
- Provide day to day support to the Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required configurations within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Support the Architects by configuring, implementing and documenting solutions in line with the relevant HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- Demonstrable experience with Linux servers in both virtualized and physical environments running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in administration of Linux Servers and Desktops on a variety of distributions.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, any agent installs (e.g. McAfee, LogRhythm, SCOM etc.).
- Configuration of applications, systemd, Rsyslog, logrotate and the application of lockdowns and clamps.
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Strong grasp and experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, KiXtart, Red Hat Satellite, Cloud Init.
- Demonstrable ability to build and monitor services on servers using CICD practices.
- An understanding of network firewall tools such as Iptables, firewalld etc.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ICS SCADA Cybersecurity/Security Architect (IEC/ISA)
Infrastructure Engineer - Security Cleared - Development Enviro
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Project Engineer (mobile telecoms)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Senior Transmission Planning Engineer (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire