|Job Title:||Legal Counsel - In-House - Commercial|
|Salary:||Competitive salary + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kerry Knight|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Legal Counsel - Commercial
We are looking for a Legal Counsel (Commercial) to join the in-house legal team who provide commercially focused and efficient legal solutions across all areas of commercial and procurement activities.
Working in our state-of-the-art offices, flexible working with collaborative digital systems, are just a few of the perks we offer to our employees, on top of a competitive salary and interesting work.
Role Purpose - The Legal Dept needs an additional commercial legal counsel to deliver the legal advice and contractual review / drafting / negotiation needed to support this pipeline of commercial / procurement activities.
- Advising on the shape, structure and set up of commercial / procurement contracts
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating the necessary documentation
- Collaborating closely with internal clients and members of the shareholder legal teams to get contracts closed, including where needed, with the relevant shareholder approvals
- Working closely with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure timely updates, escalations of issues and identification of risks to relevant business, legal and executive leads
- Engaging with suppliers
- Managing external counsel, both in terms of managing resources and quality assuring outputs
- Providing trusted and proactive legal expertise, both verbally and in writing, which is pragmatic rather than purist
- Demonstrating skilled, confident, hands-on contractual drafting and negotiation
- A qualified solicitor/legal executive
- Solid commercial contract work experience
- Material commercial law practice and knowledge
- Enjoyment of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts / making deals happen
- Experience of and the skills (particularly highly organised and systematic ways of working) to thrive in a fast paced and at times pressured environment with tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn about / hands-on experience of using technology to assist with contract management
- Resilience, professionalism and a can-do attitude to thrive in a pressured environment and/or an environment of constant change / process improvement
Nice to Have
- In-house experience
- Joint Venture experience / experience of interacting with shareholders
- Interest in the Telecoms sector
If this sounds like a role you can take hold of, and want to work in an Agile, dynamic yet challenging environment in the heart of Reading, we would love to hear from you! Please apply here or send a CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.