Assistant / Junior Engineer
About The Company
My client, based in Central London, are a company that provides 3G mobile phone signal inside buildings where standard signal is not strong enough. As mobile signal is increasingly becoming a key part of every businesses' customer experience; being a dead zone or reliant on Wi-Fi is no longer acceptable to visitors.
They are looking for an Assistant Engineer to help provide engineering services to their on the survey, design, installation and ongoing operation of multi-operator In-Building mobile network solutions across the UK. Working under the guidance of the Operations Director, you will perform all tasks required to support the engineering of the in-building systems and meet or exceed customers' expectations.
About The Role
The role will include developing the skills required to engineer in-building mobile network systems. You will be responsible for completing site surveys using Radio test equipment, producing site designs using carrier wave or predictive test tools, and to produce survey and design documents. You will help install and commission transmission and IP routers, cabling and Femtocell equipment. Carry out post integration testing and documentation. Operational monitoring and fault fix activities.
- To perform radio site surveys, validate and uploading the results onto a central server.
- Recording full details of every site survey to documents that will be used by writers of customer and operator reports.
- To complete when needed site survey and design documents to be provided to network operators and customers.
- To complete Router and Femto-cell site installation and commission activities
- To complete and report on site integration testing and post integration surveys.
- To monitor when needed, live sites and equipment from our remote monitoring solutions identifying faults and diagnosing how to restore faulty services.
- To attend site to repair or replace faulty equipment
- To be able to analyse and debug KPI performance issues and investigate to a successful resolution
- To ensure stock is maintained and to support business installations and ensure that stock is kept organised and efficiently controlled.
- Issue end of day report to Operations Director on all tasks achieved, issues and plans for next working day.
About The Person
With a start-up mentality, they are looking for the successful candidate to grow with them as they expand. This role demands a flexible hard-working person and a will to be able to travel anywhere in the UK for surveys and site visits.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Science or Engineering degree qualified
- CSCS Card covering minimum CITB Health and Safety training essential before starting or immediately within first weeks of role commencement.
- Must be PC literate and able to use word, excel, PowerPoint with ability to quickly learn Radio engineering software packages (TEMs and iBwave)
- Numerate with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Understanding of GSM, WCDMA and LTE standards and messaging protocols a bonus.
- Knowledge of general network principles, switch configurations and routers an advantage
- Good basic fitness level and is comfortably able to spend what can be up to 8 hours per day walking around customer sites for surveys.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Mandarin Speaking Junior Project Coordinator
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive salary
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
PA / Personal Assistant to Director
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive day rate
IP Engineer - Contract
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Site Design Engineer (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Solihull, West Midlands