Network Design Engineer
Description of the project:
Our client, a global IT company, is looking for new Network Design Engineers to join their existing dynamic Networks Capability.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Produce build documentation and introduce automation on a wide variety of network devices and appliances.
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations.
- Configure and implement networks in line with the design documentation set.
- Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers.
- Ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Provide 4th line support and work with relevant vendors to resolve issues.
- Network configuration experience using Cisco technologies.
- Juniper experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and/or Cisco IOS.
- Experience of configuring LAN switches.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Access lists configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Network troubleshooting.
- SC/DV Clearance.
- Firewalls skills, ideally Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- VRF and VLAN configuration.
- SVI/RVI configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration.
- AAA configuration.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.