|Job Title:||Infrastructure Solutions Architect - SC|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Tim Shepherd|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
SCOM / SCCM design and configuration / Infrastructure Architect / ITIL / Defence
Infrastructure Solutions Architect
My client is a leading IT client working on a large programme of work for a defence client.
This role is for an experienced Infrastructure Solutions Architect
A highly motivated candidate with an extensive knowledge and working experience within a secure environment. Needs to have a high degree of technical and business awareness within the Defence arena and a thorough understanding of the design and implementation of secure solutions, together with a desire to provide secure and robust solutions against requirements.
The suitable candidate must be able to work closely with the customers and have excellent communication skills. Ability to lead small teams is also essential to ensure solutions are fully managed in relation to implementation (including security). Must be flexible and able to work on multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis.
* Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
* A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the MOD client.
* Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
* Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running technical workshops.
* Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
* Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
* Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
* VMWare VSphere v6.0.
* Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
* HPPT AS design and implementation.
* SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
* Active Directory/DHCP services.
* RDS design and implementation.
* ITIL version 3 Practitioner.
* Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS.
* DNS and IPAM knowledge.
* Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
* Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
* DWDM services.
* Network Management toolsets.
* Networking protocols such as TCP and UDP.
* IP Addressing design.
* Core Infrastructure troubleshooting.
* Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Network Architect - Solihull or Manchester - SC Cleared
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Network Architect - Solihull or Manchester - Home Office SC
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Infrastructure Project Manager (DataCentre/ Storage)
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Network Architect (SC clearance)
Location: North West England, England
Salary: Market rates
Lead Architect - Checkpoint Expert - Checkpoint - Scotland
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland