|Job Title:||Infrastructure Solution Architect - Milton Keynes - Contract|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Infrastructure Solution Architect - Milton Keynes - Contract
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Architect with experience in successful implementation of IT and Network Infrastructure including IP-Addressing, DNS/ DHCP, LDAP/ AD, PKI, SMTP, IMAP, infrastructure/LAN/ WAN, SAN arrays, compute platform / virtualisation? If so, please apply to a brand new contract role based in Milton Keynes for a major UK Transport Provider.
As the Infrastructure Solution Architect you will be expected to:
- Identify and plan upgrades that impact on any area of the systems infrastructure.
- Ratify the maintenance and upgrade to the environment and ensure currency of software, hardware and standards.
- Provide technical architecture and infrastructure consultancy to customer projects as required.
- Review and quality check System Integrator proposals for their technical content in relation to IT infrastructure / architecture projects.
- Ensure mirroring and alignment between the System Integrator's non-production and Customer production environment.
- Identify opportunities for the implementation of technical improvements that add value to the business through achievement of 'better, faster, cheaper' infrastructure.
- Work in conjunction with approved suppliers to understand product road mapping and impact of end of life products to ensure seamless integration into the environment.
You will ideally have the following skillset:
- Experience in successful implementation of IT Infrastructure, IP-Addressing, DNS/DHCP, LDAP/AD, PKI, SMTP, IMAP, infrastructure/LAN/WAN, SAN arrays, compute platform / virtualisation.
- Experience in architecting/ designing high availability IT for Internet, mobile and comms service providers.
- Experience of Telco IT Operations, Architecture, Design and Delivery
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a technical subject.
- Excellent technical skills in IT architecture, strategy & design for nationally distributed enterprise, fixed,internet, mobile communications technology.
- Knowledge of network design and operation supporting Rail or Critical National Infrastructure (CNI).
- Formal Infrastructure, Data base, virtualisation and IT networking certifications.
- CCSE & CCIE TOGAF, ITIL or eTOM certifications
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Salary plus Benefits
Windows Infrastructure Engineer - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Infrastructure Specialist (3rd Line Support) - Citrix/Windows
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland