|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary + package|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Health & Safety Manager
I am currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of a leading Mobile Telecoms company based in central Reading. This position will be office based 2-3 days a week and the remaining days will either be at client location, out on site or home working.
As Health & Safety Manager you will be responsible for ensuring H&S compliance across all sites and driving continuous H&S improvement and a proactive approach to Health & Safety. You will be responsible for the effective implementation of all H&S policy and processes on RAN sites, to ensure these have been designed, built, operated and maintained in compliance to all relevant legal and business health and safety standards.
- Working directly with HSQE preferred supplier(s) in the field of Health and Safety Management.
- To ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by MBNL.
- To ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle (including, inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance and removal) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Initiate corrective actions, recovery plans or interventions, that are required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards, and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- Review H&S performance for incident trends and propose / own associated remedial actions
- Provide management reports to internal and external stakeholders, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management.
- Regularly collaborate and coordinate with Commercial teams to ensure proactive management of H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant health & safety qualification / training
- Good understanding of site health & safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
- Strong ability to communicate and act professionally
- Proven track record of delivering continued health & safety compliance
- Experience gained either within telecoms, utilities, construction or rail
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity and have the required experience then please submit your application on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.