Health & Safety Advisor - Permanent - Mobile Telecoms
Exciting new opportunity to join an expanding ADC organisation based in Gloucestershire plus site visits.
- To manage, support, and advise the businesses on all aspects of health, safety, quality, environmental and welfare matters.
- Establishing and monitoring standards, processes, communications, training, compliance and legislation requirements.
- The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a number of site based inspections each month in order to meet our customer's KPI's.
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and approving project Construction Phase Plans as part of our responsibilities under CDM.
- To ensure its health, safety, quality and environmental policies, procedures and systems are embedded within the group and achieve legal compliance
- Responsible for all safety inspections including schedules and internal auditing teams
- Ensure the requirements of CDM are fulfilled particularly around the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor roles
- Ensure all subcontractors working on site maintain safe working practices, in accordance with the construction phase plan and/or customer contractual requirements.
- Work with any other designers to eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks.
- Carry out the competence assessment of subcontractors through supplier and or tendering processes.
- Facilitate internal cooperation between company directors, project managers and other departments in relation to the CDM legislation.
- Managing emergency procedures
- Report to management on the performance of health and safety matters, non-conformances, training needs and any need for further improvements including the change in legislation.
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees
- Ensure records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the policies are followed and that the safe systems of work are effective.
- Arrange induction, awareness and specialised training for employees of the company.
- With the assistance of an administrator maintain the company's training matrix.
- Ensure work-related risk assessments are carried out as needed, maintained in consultation with employees
- Promote and encourage a positive health and safety culture through the company.
- Process daily, weekly and monthly reporting to ensure all schedules run smoothly. Process customer schedules and reports to ensure we are meeting all appropriate customer needs and expectations.
- Liaise with and support directors and managers
Qualifications and Experience
Technical member of IOSH minimum, ideally chartered member
ISO 45001/18001 internal auditor qualifications
Experience in site-based health and safety inspections
Experience in ISO 45001/14001/9001 management systems and audits
Recent and relevant experience gained within the mobile telecoms industry
Ability to demonstrate flexibility /versatility combined with initiative, drive and ability to meet deadlines
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Project Coordinator - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Design Engineering Specialist - Mobile Telecoms
Infrastructure Strategy Manager - Mobile Telecoms - Cloud
Location: Berkshire, England
Senior Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Programme Manager (FTC)
Location: Berkshire, England