Head of Accounting Projects:
Exciting contract opportunity within the Accounting and Financial Control department at my client who have a small team who are responsible for delivery of major accounting change projects.
IFRS15 has a major impact on the mobile sector; our project is in full flight and is the primary focus of the team at the moment. IFRS16 is on our radar with work to ramp up later in the year. There will be other technical accounting matters to investigate in either an advisory capacity to support other areas of the Finance team, or that could lead to additional projects for the Accounting Projects team to lead.
The responsibility of the Head of Accounting Projects does not stop at determining the theoretically correct accounting but goes right through to the practical application of pragmatic solutions and the delivery of our revenue accounting engine that will perform the IFRS15 revenue allocation.
For IFRS15 we have two waves of impacts. One wave where the accounting policies have been determined and the Accounting Projects team are working with the extended team to design, build & deliver our solution. The second wave consists of impacts where the accounting policies are in the process of being determined, so this work is of a more technical accounting nature.
The team needs to identify and implement upstream changes in processes required for our solution to work, and has to also work with the broader Accounting team to identify downstream process changes resulting from IFRS15 implications, such as impacts on the budgeting and forecasting process and impacts on the handset receivable sale program.
Additionally the business does not stand still and the team continually need to consider the IFRS15 implications of new customer propositions and offerings.
IFRS16 is in the planning stage with minimal work done to date, but it is expected to require a significant amount of work by the Accounting Projects team, with work to ramp up later in the year and resourcing yet to be determined.
There will be other technical accounting matters to investigate in either an advisory capacity to support other areas of the Finance team, or that could lead to additional projects for the Accounting Projects team to lead.
- Overall responsibility for running our IFRS15 project.
- Managing the Financial Accounting manager currently leading one of the IFRS15 waves, any PwC/KPMG resource currently engaged on the project, and any additional resource brought into the team.
- Kick off and run our IFRS16 project, managing any resource brought in to work on it.
- Support and advise other areas of the Accounting and Finance teams on technical matters, undertaking technical research where necessary.
- Leading other accounting change projects where the complexity or resource in the impacted team requires it.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA & Big Four) with 10-20 years PQE but technically up to date.
- Extensive technical experience, preferably IFRS15 specific experience
- Experience of managing significant accounting change
- A self motivated individual able to manage themselves and deliver quality output with minimal guidance.
- An engaging individual able to build strong collaborative relationships with senior management, the broader Finance team impacted by the projects, our auditors (PwC) and external advisors (KPMG).
- Willing and able to pick up a variety of accounting projects and to be hands on where necessary.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.