Financial Analyst - Financial Reporting
Location - Remote initially, Reading 1-2 days per week post-lockdown
The Financial Analyst is a key role within the Financial Accounting and Reporting team that will assist with working capital & cashflow reporting, managing external audits, preparation of annual statutory accounts, monthly balance sheet control. The role will report into Head of Financial Reporting.
The person in this role will be a qualified accountant and will be expected to have strong technical accounting and relationship building skills.
Assist the reporting team in preparation of cash flow and working capital reporting which will include month-end reporting along with quarterly forecasting, annual budget and 5 year plan preparation. This is a complex area and requires high competency in excel to use the models and attention to detail.
Assist the reporting team in preparing a monthly reporting pack for the SMT with detailed commentary on balance sheet and cashflow performance against budget and against KPI's. You will interact with wider business functions, to understand and explain underlying commercial drivers causing variances against budgets/forecasts and business plans going forward
Own delivery of the monthly balance sheet flashpack and assist in timely completion of month end.
Support Head of Financial Reporting and the team on various improvement projects.
- Assist in cashflow reporting every month.
- Assist in the quarterly cashflow forecast, annual budget and 5 year budget.
- Prepare the monthly working capital pack.
- Assist in the external PwC audit.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assist in improvement projects in the team.
- Qualified ACA/CIMA, with one year PQE from a leading Auditors.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills to coordinate activities across various teams.
- Proactive in identifying and dealing with accounting issues.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Power point.
- Experience of working with external auditors.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with teams around the business.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Experience of working in a Group/Parent/Subsidiary environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.