Based in Berkshire
Our leading telecoms Client are currently seeking talented ACA / ACCA candidates with four years plus Accountancy Practice background.
The purpose of the role is to support the Finance Manager to deliver a trusted Business Partnering relationship through collaboration with our Client's Shareholders and the Internal Finance directorates to enable accurate and reliable financial reporting from which key decisions on the strategic direction of the network can be made.
- Work with the Finance Manager and the Finance and Reporting Manager to carry out routine month end and year end accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide technical knowledge and support and help with professional development of more junior members of the finance team.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting manager with the following activities:
- Ensuring adequacy of financial controls and procedures affecting the finance operations (payables, receivables, sub-ledger accounting, inter-company balances and general financial reporting compliance)
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC VAT and generally accepted accounting principles
- Liaising with Shareholders regarding any GAAP changes and conversion
- Producing monthly management accounts information and analysis for internal customers, MBNL management and Shareholders
- Preparing the year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Identifying and driving improvement required to financial reporting, forecasting and financial controls
- Maintaining balance of cash funding from Shareholders within the joint venture and lead any settlement discussion in case of disputes
- Leading the finance internal control steering committee with shareholders and maintaining the internal control matrix
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A qualified chartered accountant, ideally a fully qualified ACA
- Strong excel ability
- Experience of financial control process and systems
- Experience of dealing with end to end accounting processes
- Experience of VAT and Corporate tax
- Familiarity with the latest Accounting and Reporting Standards
- Good knowledge of various accounting software packages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.