Financial Accountant (Qualified)
Bracknell (office based)
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a growing IT Services company for a qualified Financial Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equiv). This is a challenging and diverse role where you will provide accounting support to new and recent contract wins within a rapidly growing area of the business.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for end-to-end financial management of the new contracts including month end close processes, forecasting and ensuring complete lifetime P&L, open book and balance sheet integrity. You will provide finance support to medium to complex programs and projects, including internal control and policy compliance, and provision of analysis to support business-making decisions.
- Be capable of applying technical knowledge, expertise and experience to address problems or to complete assignments, including data analysis and scenario modelling and evaluation and reporting on range of outcomes including financial/accounting impact, risks, rewards, costs and benefits.
- Ensure that the month end closing cycle is followed to required timescales
- Ensure that all compliance requirements are met, particularly ensuring that Group Accounting Policy is followed, J-Sox requirements are met, and lifetime models are maintained
- Identify the most appropriate accounting treatment to adopt when there are contractual difficulties or commercial disputes
- Help to manage working capital through accurate forecasting
- Support and challenge the business to ensure that quarterly, Mid Term Plan and other forecasting information is gathered correctly and has integrity but is owned and understood by the business
- Provide information required by business partners, financial planning and analysis, and other finance stakeholders
- Support external and internal audit processes
- Ensure that external customer reporting and open book requirements are met and build strong working relationships with customer finance teams where applicable
- Provide finance input to new business opportunities
- Identify and manage financial risks and opportunities within the areas of responsibility
- Qualified Finance professional (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Technically strong with the ability to analyse and understand a business situation and how this should be applied to accounting treatment
- Good communication skills and the ability to constructively challenge and influence other stakeholders who may hold differing opinions
- Working knowledge of large company ERP (Oracle) and finance system processes and approaches would be advantageous
**The successful candidate will need to either hold, or be able to undergo, a national security clearance for this position **
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity please apply on line or email your CV direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.