The ER Specialist provides expert advice and support to business managers on people and business ER issues. They will have the ability to widely influence the business and will also share insights across the People team on relevant people related policies and guidelines. Working as part of the ER and Case Management team, reporting to the ER Manager. The team is made up of the following roles:
- ER Case Advisors
- ER Specialists
- ER Managers
The ER Specialist will deal with medium - high risk/complexity people and business driven ER issues. The role will be expected to provide insight on trends to the ER Manager, the rest of the team, appropriate areas of the People team and the business.
ER & Case Management
- Provide timely advice and support to line managers on medium-high risk/complexity people ER issues such as: disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, medium to long term absence (up to and including capability dismissals), performance management, whistle-blowing claims, Employment Tribunals and small claims.
- Support the business in organisational change that involve individual or collective consultation and may result in redundancy or TUPE.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all actions and documentation relating to cases being managed through to conclusion.
- Establish strong working relationships with other teams in the People Team, in particular BP's, HR Shared Services as well as business managers to develop an understanding of the business priorities.
- Identify trends in cases for the Head/ER Manager of so that insight is provided to managers, relevant training for line managers is provided and policy recommendations are made.
- Coach line managers, facilitate ER workshops and design/deliver ER training in order to develop ER capability within the organisation.
- Work in partnership with the Policy Manager, providing insight on our People Policies and Guidelines
- Support the ER Advisors.
Work proactively with People Assist, BPs, and other teams in the People Department to agree consistent processes and hand offs that provide the business with seamless HR support and advice from initial query through to conclusion.
Proven experience within an Employee Relations role and/or HR operational experience in a fast paced environment with proven employee relations experience.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with people and business driven ER issues.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience of managing medium-high risk ER cases to conclusion.
- Good understanding and application of employment legislation.
- Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in coaching, advising and influencing managers dealing with ER issues.
- Ability to assess risks and make fair decisions that meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to influence management decisions.
- Strong team player who is confident and self motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider People team and business teams.
- Strong organisational skills able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure with good attention to detail to manage cases to conclusion and keep track of progress.
- Ability to identify risks and make fair, commercial decisions, with guidance and support that meets the needs of the business.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
Nice to Have:
- Graduate calibre.
- CIPD qualified.
Ideally some experience of working in fast paced technology, retail or IT related industries.
Please apply today if you are interested.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Internal Communications Specialist
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: competitive day rate
Rewards Specialist (HR, Comp & Bens) - Start ASAP, 6-12 Months
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Attractive Day Rate
Network Architect - Solihull or Manchester - SC Cleared
Location: Solihull, West Midlands