|Job Title:||Employee Relations Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Employee Relations Specialist
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They are looking for an ER Specialist to join their HR & People Team to work proactively with People Assist, BPs, and other teams in the People Department to agree consistent processes. Using a hand-offs approach that provide the business with seamless HR support and advice from initial query through to conclusion.
About The Role
In this role, you will provide expert advice and support to business managers on people and business ER issues having the ability to widely influence the business and will also share insights across the People Team on relevant people related policies and guidelines.
You will work as part of the ER and Case Management Team (Consisting of ER Case Advisors, ER Specialists and ER Managers) reporting to the Senior ER Manager. You will deal with medium - high risk/complexity people and business driven ER issues, providing insight on trends to the Senior ER Manager and the rest of the team - to appropriate areas of the People team and the business.
- Provide timely advice and support to line managers on medium-high risk/complexity people ER issues.
- Support the business in organisational change that involve individual or collective consultation and may result in redundancy or TUPE.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all actions and documentation relating to cases being managed through to conclusion.
- Establish strong working relationships with other teams in the People Team, in particular BP's, HR Shared Services as well as business managers to develop an understanding of the business priorities.
- Identify trends in cases for the Head/ER Manager of so that insight is provided to managers, relevant training for line managers is provided and policy recommendations are made.
- Coach line managers, facilitate ER workshops and design/deliver ER training in order to develop ER capability within the organisation.
- Work in partnership with the Policy Manager, providing insight on our People Policies and Guidelines
- Support the ER Advisors.
Skills & Experience Needed
- Proven experience within an Employee Relations role and/or HR operational experience in a fast paced environment with proven employee relations experience.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with people and business driven ER issues.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience of managing medium-high risk ER cases to conclusion.
- Good understanding and application of employment legislation.
- Strong communication and listening skills, being comfortable in coaching, advising and influencing managers dealing with ER issues.
- Ability to assess risks and make fair decisions that meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to influence management decisions.
- Strong team player who is confident and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly develop a rapport and strong working relationships remotely, across all levels, within the wider People team and business teams.
- Strong organisational skills able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure with good attention to detail to manage cases to conclusion and keep track of progress.
- Ability to identify risks and make fair, commercial decisions, with guidance and support that meets the needs of the business.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- CIPD qualified.
- Ideally some experience of working in fast paced technology, retail or IT related industries.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Property- Delivery Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Data Manager - Governance/Strategy
Location: Berkshire, England
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Data Governance Manager/Senior Business Analyst
Location: South East England, England
Virtual Workplace Architect
Location: England, England
Salary: Competetive Salary and Package