Digital Development Manager - Technical/Online/Web/Agile/Scrum
Recruiting immediately and on a contract basis, for a fantastic client close to Maidenhead, who are looking for a Digital Development Manager.
The role will possibly suit someone from a development background (not a developer though), with a mix of a Business Analysis / Technical Lead / Management. As the Digital Development Manager, when engaging with stakeholders, you will be the development guide in the meetings so will need to be able to elicit the requirements, shape the solution and relay the concept back to the scrum teams.
- You will be responsible for managing digital development as one a team of Digital Development Managers, each working in a multi-skilled agile team
- You will work closely with business stakeholders to understand and document their requirements; adding value as a digital expert, translating the business needs to technical teams, and communicating technical solutions to non-technical business owners
- You will be the main point of contact for external suppliers, building strong relationships and facilitating the design and development of solutions
- You will liaise with internal technical teams to ensure that all online change adheres to best practice and within company processes
- Customer experience will lead solution design.
- You will be measured by the quality, business outcomes and time to market of your development projects.
- You will be allocated time for research and innovation, generating ideas which can be fed into the Online team's strategy and influence company expansion into digital
- You will develop expertise in specialised areas, collaborating with others, and sharing knowledge with the team
- You will be aware of efficiency opportunities from re-using technology and from working within different project delivery methodologies e.g. agile or waterfall
- Owning development change within the online channel.
- Responsible for the quality of change, including testing activities.
- Be a single point of contact for third party Development teams .
- Responsible for documenting functional requirements.
- Responsible for working in cross functional teams to shape and drive solutions.
- Responsible for delivering and transitioning projects into the Operations function, including setting up new processes for in-life management where appropriate.
- Ensuring all online assets remain operationally stable and active post development.
- Responsible for technical innovation, developing digital expertise and sharing that knowledge; collaborating with other online experts.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working in a fast-moving development environment
- A good knowledge of digital skills and be able to exhibit digital expertise
- A good knowledge of web architecture
- Must have the ability to see the bigger picture and a good understanding of business drivers.
- A fierce determination to always put the customer first
- Commercial experience with the ability to balance business priorities and development approach.
- An ability to work within the wider businesses processes and ability to define new ways of working where appropriate
- Good communications skills and the ability to distil complex technical issues into simple concepts
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- An ability to work with the creative side of a business and an appreciation of front end web design principles
In order to apply to the opportunity, please send your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.