|Job Title:||Defect Manager|
|REF:||FJS - DefectMan_1599051235|
|Contact Name:||Mike Tozer|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
CONTRACT - 6 Months
The role for a Defect Manager to focus on managing the defects produced from both Infrastructure and Application testing. The Defect Manager is the point of contact for all Defect status related queries and own the Defect Process.
As a Defect Manager you will be required to learn and support all aspects of the Defect Process and offer guidance to the software development and operational teams as and when required. The team are responsible to scope and develop efficiencies and improvements throughout their own processes and aid development in wider teams.
Main responsibilities include:
- The management and control of all defects within the in-house development environments.
- To own and chair daily defect calls with lead Development, Test and Operational Teams, and to provide clear minutes and actions.
- Definition, ownership and management of the Defect Process.
- Liaising with the Problem Management Team to ensure a clear and efficient interaction within overlapping processes, and to promote this with all customers.
- Ensuring all defects are entered correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle.
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to defect status outside of the published defect process.
- Represent the regional position on defect status to both regional users and international staff on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Essential Criteria:
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate experience of working in high pressure environments in previous roles.
- Ability to manage repeatable standard processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience of Mercury Interactive Test Director/Quality Centre
- ITIL foundation
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation
The successful candidate will be required to hold Security clearance prior to starting - candidates not holding this clearance may still be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.