|Job Title:||Cyber Security Operations Centre Manager (SOC) (Strategy)|
|Duration:||6 months +|
|Contact Name:||Leanne Summers|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Cyber Security Operations Centre Manager (SOC) (Strategy) - Contract - Cardiff (with option to work from home 1-2 days per week).
A global IT services company is searching for a Cyber Security Operations Centre Manager (SOC) to join their team in Cardiff (with 2 days working from home) on a contract basis. The role will involve working for a large insurance customer.
Candidates need to have very strong experience in SOC strategy / future vision.
- Responsibility for SOC strategy / future vision.
- Plan, direct and control the SOC functions and operations.
- Ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect People, Technology and Process addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation.
- Direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimise the impact of the threat.
- Leading and managing the Security Operations and team of security operational staff members.
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response and cyber intelligence.
- Ensuring incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
- Revising and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs.
- Responsible for overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Centre.
- Ensuring daily management, administration and maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness.
- Ensuring threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to senior management.
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships with them.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.