Role: Credit Analyst
Type: Contract until Jan 2023
Location: Reading / Glasgow (Hybrid)
We have an exciting opportunity for Credit Analysts to join one of the leading telecom clients.
Credit Risk is pivotal in stopping applicants with a high propensity to be Fraud or Bad Debt connecting onto the network, whilst ensuring we take on as many connections as possible.
- You will play a key role in comprehensively testing our new credit strategies, identifying defects and working with the Lead Credit Risk Analysts to resolve these and retest the changes to ensure we hit our IT Transformation milestones.
- You will also complete regular business critical data process using Excel and SAS, maintaining a high standard of quality control to ensure we remain compliant against audit and regulatory requirements.
- On occasion you will perform ad-hoc tasks, producing useful insight, delivering recommendations towards a successful conclusion that will add value to the contributions from the Credit Risk team.
- Please note this is a contract until January 2023 and is available in Reading or Glasgow.
- Understanding of programming languages e.g. SAS (Base), Python, SQL or similar language.
- Experience of testing methodologies
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail / concern for accuracy, and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced Excel skills: Pivots, Vlookup, Conditional Formatting etc.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Open and flexible personality to deal with constantly evolving situations.
- Natural flair for collaborative style working.
- Be engaged, enthusiastic and confident in contributing to team discussions.
Nice to have experience and knowledge:
- A degree level or equivalent education in a numerate or analytical discipline.
- Experience using decision systems, preferably Experian's SDS/PowerCurve.
- Understanding of systems architecture (component-based architecture) and framework.
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.