Work for a leader within the innovative mobile telecoms arena.
Offering excellent benefits and working environment.
What the role will be doing:
As corporation tax manager you will have responsibility for all direct UK tax compliance as well as assisting on various ad hoc projects.
The role reports into the Head of Tax and the expectation is that the successful candidate will have the experience and knowledge to be able to work independently from the Head of Tax with limited input required. The role will require relationships to be built quickly with various other functions in the business such as Fixed Assets, Core Finance, Accounts Payable, Legal and Procurement.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the accurate preparation of the corporation tax returns, taking full ownership of the preparation process including quarterly instalment payments, transfer pricing documentation and corporate interest restriction.
- Responsibility for the accurate preparation of tax reporting and forecasting to group.
- Responsibility for agreeing and invoicing for group relief.
- Responsibility for fully reconciling the tax balance sheet accounts and preparing the necessary journals each month.
- Dealing directly with audit queries.
- Assisting the CFO with preparation of the Senior Accounting Officer file.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to the above processes.
- Provide support to the Head of Tax for ad hoc project work .
- Ad hoc support to Payroll and HR in respect of employment tax queries.
- Qualified (CTA/ACA or equivalent.
- Corporation tax compliance experience.
- Strong analytical and excel skills.
- Strong accounting knowledge in particular deferred tax.
Nice to have:
- Employment tax knowledge and experience.
- Previous use of Alphatax.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 01628 762270.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.