Our Berkshire client requires a Compliance and Governance Counsel to join their team.
The successful candidate would ideally come from a in-house environment. Experience of data law, privacy law and competition law would be desirable.
The successful candidate would be used to delivering compliance within a business and a go to for legal compliance.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, this person will be accountable for developing a strong culture of compliance and governance within advising the business on all key aspects of legal and regulatory compliance. This person will also act as the assistant Company Secretary to the Board assisting the General Counsel with the Board process as well as have responsibility for all governance queries under the Beacon arrangements. Finally, the role will have accountability for all key compliance policies/projects.
- Ability to drive compliance and governance in a positive way to influence behavioural change
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player with excellent organizational skills who engages with colleagues in a proactive way
- Proven track record of delivering compliance change in a busy commercial environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply to help influence decision making at all levels of the business
- Can embrace and manage change with a positive approach to continuous improvement
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Extensive experience in the compliance or regulatory sector preferably gained (in part) within an in-house environment. Competition law knowledge.
- University honours degree (second class or higher)
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.