Commercial Finance Analyst - Contract - Berkshire
Leading Mobile Telecoms company in Berkshire require a Commercial Finance Analyst on a contract basis. The finance analyst will provide insightful analysis in key Network and Bus Ops Opex spend, and decision support to key stakeholders across the operations and finance teams, and the wider business.
The analyst role will provide a key contribution in reporting and analysing the incurred costs each month across COO, and ensuring variances to forecast are clearly explained and understood (where responsible).
The role requires the individual to articulate precisely key risks and opportunities to the finance leadership team when identified. The experienced commercial finance individual will be capable of achieving a high level of accuracy at all times when managing deadlines and workload. The candidate must have a pro-active and get it done attitude, be flexible in a continuously changing environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills with all hierarchy levels.
- Support strategy decisions by providing financial forecasts, tracking of Opex, and variance analysis vs forecasts.
- Monthly Opex journals ownership with detailed accrual and pre-payment modelling
- Monthly and quarterly support for reporting and presentations into COO mgnt team, central finance, etc
- Support and maintenance contract accrual and prepayment analysis across every supplier and contract variant
- Headcount full team cost impact and analysis where required
- Capitalisation rates per individual and team and the Opex/Capex impact
- Cost centre reporting and variance explanation to COO technical cost centre managers
- Assist Finance managers in COO for ad-hoc analysis when required
- Tracking of achieved Opex initiative savings included in full year Opex forecasts/targets.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and monitoring month on month movement
Knowledge and experience
Must have experience and skills:
- Experience of interfacing with technology teams
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Excel (pivots, look-ups etc) Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to operate in a demand led, rapid change environment.
Nice to have experience and Skills:
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA finalist or part qualified minimum
- Experience in industry/commercial finance teams
- Higher level of academic qualifications (e.g. degree).
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.