· Responsible for all elements of the Commercial framework associated to the Supplier Base for which you manage. This includes supporting the Head of Commercial to increase the maturity and evolution of the Supplier Strategy, Supplier Selection, Contracting, Onboarding, In-Life and Exit Management core elements of the framework
· Responsible for ensuring all commercial activity is governed by Commercial Policy and processes
· Develop a strong, effective relationship within the Commercial team and all areas of MBNL, raising the profile of the Commercial team and advocating the importance of sound commercial management to all areas of our business
· Provision of all commercial deliverables, as necessary e.g. negotiation plan, contract risk analysis, benefits analysis and contract creation and closure
· Lead tender activities using established commercial processes ensuring the strategic requirements of MBNL and its shareholders are met
· Draft and negotiate supplier contracts with support from MBNL Legal, in accordance with MBNL's Commercial process, governance and Corporate Delegation of Authority.
· Implement and manage change control process for key MBNL contracts
· Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately
· Manage resolution of contractual disputes up to Director level
· Ensure contractual governance / approval mechanisms are applied and support governance meetings in line with the contract to ensure actions delivered upon.
· Work with relevant business areas to track performance of suppliers against the contract on key contractual KPIs, working with and ensuring that the suppliers are delivering on all fronts
· Work with relevant stakeholders to engage with supplier contacts, ensuring agreed performance and pricing are maintained and new costs are agreed under contract as required
· Work with MBNL's technical / project teams and Managed Service Providers to ensure that MBNL's suppliers / contracts are managed effectively yielding sustained savings
· Influence key shareholder stakeholders. Attend Commercial Committee, where required, to present recommendations to both shareholders. Be self-driven and able to work with minimal management supervision in a dynamic and challenging environment with tight timelines
· Responsible for ensuring that supplier contract and part number information is accurately reflected in MBNL's contract database and ERP system, for the suppliers you manage. Work with relevant colleagues to resolve associated issues.
· Actively support the commercial audit process.
· Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market trends and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning.