Business Architect / Analyst - Telecoms Experience - Berkshire - Contract
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Architect / Analyst to work for a well known Telecoms company in Berkshire
- The individual in this role will be responsible for assessing proposed initiatives bringing major and cross-functional change across the business, ensuring that from an early stage the initiative is defined to a point where it can be recommended for our change plans.
- Key to this role is an ability to collaborate and build strong partner relationships with business sponsors, COO and business function stakeholders in order to support the implementation of delivery of initiatives and ensure that decisions for business and IT initiatives aligns with internal strategic goals and objectives.
The Business Architect role within Business Planning focuses on aligning strategic goals and objectives with the company's business operating model. In line with this, the Business Architect's key accountabilities are to:
- Work collaboratively with Network and enterprise architects to ensure initiatives are assessed and prioritised effectively in line with internal strategy and Change Plans.
- Drive the effort to capture initiative capability and needs, evaluating initiatives, summarising findings with recommendations to facilitate effective and timely decision-making
- Apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Support business activities for RfX activities
- Support business decisions for project commitment and provides oversight of projects to ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Engage with the business function planners to understand the resource utilisation for projects and functional priorities
- Build and maintain strong partner relationship with the business sponsor(s) of a designated Business Area, aimed at managing effectively and efficiently demand towards the COO organisation.
- Help embed the Business Planning and architecture process in the organisation, through communication through various Programme Boards, Forums and Teams
- Proactively manage the communication and expectations of business sponsor(s) and key stakeholders.
- Provide support to Early Engagement Team and Business functions as and when required to transition the knowledge from the Business planning for the concept.
- Partner with IT architecture team in developing an IT framework that aligns with the business plan.
- To construct business-level artefacts to raise the level of understanding of how an organisation works (in terms of capabilities and processes)
- Collaborate with Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Collaborate across business functions to both find opportunities for and showcase ideas in the Innovation and emerging business pipeline
- Be seen as pragmatic thought leaders in business change
- To develop, regularly review and maintain a set of standard templates for Business Planning
- To ensure the output of Business Architecture is consistent and of high quality
- To facilitate best practice in the team and drive continuous improvement
Experience / Skill Required
- Ability to present complex information to senior stakeholders in a succinct manner
- The ability to apply sound business architectural principles to business solutions.
- A broad, enterprise-wide understanding of business models and an appreciation, at varying degrees, of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, organisation and governance.
- Experience in planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives and in complex business transformations.
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- Ability to drive a collaborative approach across all business areas
- Ability to robustly challenge in a constructive manner
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Highly customer focused approach.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to build excellent business wide relationship and influence others to move toward consensus.
- Experience in a commensurate role within a similar fasted paced, consumer focused, technology led industry e.g. Telecoms, Technology, Retail, Financial Services.
- Experienced in business analysis principles, methods, techniques and tools.
Nice to Have:
- Business Strategy/Business Change Management experience.
- Mobile Telecoms industry experience.
- Knowledge of Tele Management Forum models
- Knowledge of the Telco Operating Models
- TOGAF Foundation or Certification
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.