|Job Title:||Big Data Architect|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
Big Data Architect
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They are looking for a Big Data Architect to be part of the Technology & Operations function who have established a new Centre of Excellence for Data Governance & Analytics.
About The Role
In this role, you be accountable for the creation and review of specific domain architectures that meets the strategic requirements of the business, developing models and plans to drive forward the technology and architecture strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance. This is a technically focused role where you will establish the data models and flows that make up the enterprise data view, as well as create and maintain logical models, and the data roadmap.
The typical planning horizon for this role is two years and whilst providing assurance that policies and target architectures aligned with the business objectives, supporting the definition of the metric and dimension modelling required meeting the business need making effective use of existing assets whilst partnering the managed data interfaces.
You will need to understand the value of the data product and how it can be defined and delivered. You should be able to understand how to define how to handle the large volumes of data required delivering a valuable data product, supporting the Domain Architect in defining the required technology to support these new data revenues.
- Creates and maintains the target architecture states for the specific domain.
- Updates high-level business cases for changes to services, based on the collection and analysis of high-level requirements.
- Architects agreed changes into the target architecture.
- Provides architectural direction where required.
- Develops and communicates targets architecture, roadmaps, policies, principles, standards and reference architectures and manages their ongoing governance.
Skills & Experience Needed
- Previous experience working in an Enterprise Architecture or multi-domain, or single domain architecture environment or an end-to-end solution design role.
- Demonstrable knowledge and proficiency of architecture tools and approaches.
- Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influencing across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers. A clear communicator.
- Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams.
- Will have clear subject matter experience of their area (both technical and commercial) and ability to connect and work across multiple domains. Can demonstrate knowledge of their area articulated through key operating elements of people, process and technology.
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategies (and/or service strategies) within their area and understand the importance of how it will affect the customer experience and journey.
- Will have a high level, broad end-to-end understanding of our business and its operational performance and be able to demonstrate knowledge of working in a service-orientated environment.
- Will be passionate about the use of data and insight to make informed decisions, solve problems and input to operational and strategic plans. Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyze and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, self-awareness and ability to support other team members.
- Will have experience of working directly with partners to successfully deliver outcomes and will demonstrate an awareness of partner contracts.
- Certification TOGAF, DAMA CDMP or relevant experience with these frameworks
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Virtual Workplace Architect
Location: England, England
Salary: Competetive Salary and Package
Office 365 Architect
Location: England, England
O365 Lead Architect
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Platform Architect (SaaS)
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus + Bens