I have a number of fantastic positions open for AWS Cloud Architects with experience in Linux (RHEL), Jenkins, Splunk, Amazon Web Services design e.t.c to come on-board and work for a market leading Global Technology company based in Leeds. This will be a 3 month rolling contract position with competitive rates on offer.
- 2+ years of experience working in AWS space
- 3+ years of experience working with RHEL
- 5+ years of experience working as an engineer
- Experience of complex multi-system solution development projects with multi- dimensioned process and data requirements
- Hands-on experience of working through the end to end project lifecycle
- Familiarity with working with 3rd party or offshore suppliers to ensure the delivery of high quality products that conform to the solution architecture defined
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends
- Ability to work on-site full-time in Canary Wharf.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels; both internally and externally
A deep and up-to-date understanding of best practice application / solution architectures
Deep applied experience of the following:
o Linux (RHEL)
o Open Source tooling
o Management of and automation of management systems (Chef)
- Knowledge of Python, SQL
- Understanding of ETL concepts
- Experience of Amazon Web Services design and management (design & configuration, pricing, management etc.)
- Working experience of Amazon Web Service services and analytical services (e.g.
- VPC setup and management, Redshift , S3, Glacier, Snowball, EC2, Aurora
- Relational databases, NoSQL databases, EMR)
- Demonstrable experience of successful implementing the above technologies and associated lessons learned
- Demonstrable experience of working in an Agile delivery framework
- Candidates will have experience of working within major corporate or government IT environments where good governance and quality frameworks are in place
- Affinity for change.
- The ability to identify opportunities and lead others through organisational and technology change
- Ability to work with imperfect information in the environment of uncertainty whilst still maintaining high standard, evidenced designs and documentation
- Strong analytics skills and an eagerness to learn new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and lead on multiple projects
- Good level of commercial awareness, the ability to understand supplier proposals and promote cost effective solutions
- Experience of working with multiple solution service providers
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Reliable, determined, highly motivated & proactive
- Team player with the ability and tolerance to work with others
- Can demonstrate innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Good prioritisation skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.